Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The end of my September '09 trip

As much as I would have loved to stay another few days and just relax in all things Disney, our little pit stop on the drive home was something that I was really looking forward to. And we finally got to sleep in since we weren't trying to get to the park at opening. We were finally rounding up all of our things for check-out sometime around 10 a.m. so we could hit the road and cross our fingers that I wouldn't get lost along the way (because I'm usually real good at that). I had no problems until we got of 101, though. But once we got off I managed to do what I always do no matter where I go, take a wrong turn and spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out just where I made my mistake. But hey, I figure it out eventually and found our way onto Hollywood Blvd.
DLRS09_Day6_05 DLRS09_Day6_07
Our destination was the Disney Soda Fountain. It was a fun pit stop and our chance to do the tourist-y thing in Los Angeles before finally heading home. We got a little food, did a little shopping and then we also had to stop at Grauman's Chinese Theatre and take a look for a few of our favorites. I've always thought it was a silly thing to do, but it was a lot of fun. And yes, I took my photo with one and since I was not going to be wearing heels (the imprint in the cement sure makes me giggle a little) I went for the hands instead. Julie Andrews is an all-time favorite of mine, so it was a no brainer that we had to search hers out (and her star as well).
DLRS09_Day6_41
DLRS09_Day6_49
And somehow, some way, my next trip will be even better than last years!1

0 comments: