Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Greeting from Anaheim!

Greetings from SoCal!

I made great time on my travels for this year's Disneyland trip. In fact, I gained a whole day! Go figure. Originally I wasn't going to leave/arrive until tomorrow morning by leaving at the crack of day (not even, it would have been more like 2 in the morning) and arriving before Disneyland opened. Then, as I was sitting at home yesterday taking a well deserved break from the packing saga, I was browsing through the HoJo website (HoJo of course meaning Howard Johnson, the hotel I am staying at) looking to see if any of my previously chosen dates were available ad their discounted Entertainment Rate when I saw that the night before I left had popped up. $57 seemed well worth a full nights rest as far as I was concerned so on a whim I went ahead and booked another room for the one night. Instead of trying to make it through day 1 on very little sleep and after a 6 hour drive I left at 9a this morning after a pit stop by my Credit Union to cash in on Miss Piggy (a grand total of $127.00) and after hitting the briefest of L.A. traffic I managed to check in and get myself situated into room number one before 3p in the afternoon!

Did I mentioned I made great time? And because I know you're thinking it, I did not drive like a bat out of Hell.
100_0619
100_0627
100_0630
DSC_0001
After checking out my room itself, I think I may have a hard time giving it up in the morning for my original reservation. Tomorrow night I'll be in a room with two Queens, but for tonight I get a King all to myself -- no space hogging cats for five whole nights! The poor things, I'm sure they'll miss me though. No sense in actually unpacking though. I got out what I would need and then left to go walk over to Downtown Disney and just relax, have some food, and possibly do some shopping. I even got a sneak peek at what I get to experience for myself tomorrow.
DSC_0035
That's enough for now! I'm off to relax a little, get some sleep, and be fresh for a full day at Disneyland tomorrow!!

0 comments: