Sunday, September 19, 2010

September '09 Trip Day 5.3

Unfortunately in the year that has passed since last year's birthday extravaganza I seem to have lost a few details. But this was my last day and I know I spent the majority of it going to the places I hadn't been quite as often over the previous days so I could get some photos. Ride signs, things like that. Given a couple hour time gap I can't say what I did for sure anymore, but I somehow found my way back in front of the Main St. station where I found a couple of characters that I hardly ever see - from Pinocchio! And the worst part was when I completely forgot the name of Honest John's scraggly looking tag-along. You know when you have a word or name right on the tip of your tongue but you can't spit it out? It was one of those moments.
DLRS09_Day5_195
DLRS09_Day5_199
By the way, I did finally remember his name, although it was an hour late!! Gideon, of course!! One of these days I would love to see Honest John outside of a parade. By getting those photos I just missed out on seeing Cruella de Ville, but a CM suggested I be near the Fire Station a little later if I wanted to see her. So I made note of the time and went off to take some more photos.

This was my first little teaser of a Halloween trip that at the time I could only dream of making!
DLRS09_Day5_203
DLRS09_Day5_205
I even did some wandering around Tomorrowland to get some photos since it is usually the least visited on my itinerary.
DLRS09_Day5_214 DLRS09_Day5_216
DLRS09_Day5_218
DLRS09_Day5_229
I made sure to get back to the Fire Depot with plenty of time to spare, just as I always do. This way I could take my take and get some photos of everything inside. I really love going in there, no matter how many times I have before.
DLRS09_Day5_242 DLRS09_Day5_252
DLRS09_Day5_247
DLRS09_Day5_257
And here's one just for fun!
DLRS09_Day5_262
If you ever have the time to do so, I definitely recommend taking time ou of your days to try and see as many of the different entertainment options available to you outside of just the rides - especially when there is music involved. Between the Bootstrappers, the Jambalaya Jazz Band, Disneyland Band - you name it, I enjoyed everything I saw and heard. Especially when said musical entertainment is accompanied by some Disney friends. The Hook and Ladder Company had some help from Cruella and Goofy to Chip & Dale. It was all good fun, and some of the kids got to get involved as well (and some not-so-kids as well).
DLRS09_Day5_272 DLRS09_Day5_273
DLRS09_Day5_276
DLRS09_Day5_280
DLRS09_Day5_296 DLRS09_Day5_298
DLRS09_Day5_302
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't head back to New Orleans Square to close out the final day - my favorite place in the park (outside of the walk down Main Street after walking through the front gates). On the way I managed to add in another ride (SR line) on Indiana Jones as well as Pirates and got to enjoy a little more music courtesy of the Jambalaya Band and Queenie. I even got some more Mardi Gras beads.
DLRS09_Day5_303
I also took some time out to watch the Laughing Stock Co. outside of The Golden Horseshoe. Every time I've ever seen them outside I always happen to be passing during the same skit - the one where they are playing that Bachelor "game" show one, so I figured since I had time to "kill" (do you ever have time to kill at Disneyland? I think not, but I was trying to experience a little bit of everything) so I stuck around the general area to watch all of their little skits. It was pretty entertaining for the most part, although I can see how it's not really peoples style. Plus, when they're doing it outside you're standing in the hot sun!! I believe they also perform onstage as well at TGH, but I've obviously never seen them in there. These were a couple of my favorite photos ...
DLRS09_Day5_307
DLRS09_Day5_309
DLRS09_Day5_315
I can't say with any certainty what I did after that, all I know is that when it was time I grabbed some grub from the Stage Door Cafe and met up with Andrea at our new designated Fantasmic location where we once again found ourselves chatting away with the people around us about anything and everything. I also had to go grab my final-farewell mint julep before I set up my tripod for the night's photo taking adventure. I don't thin we had planned it originally, but we ended up staying through the first showing of Fantasmic, the Magical fireworks, and then the second showing on Fantasmic. It was a great way to end the night and say goodbye to the Land, knowing we wouldn't be coming back the next morning because we had to head home! How sad, right? Here are a few of the photos - which turned out much better than the previous night!!
DLRS09_Day5_316
DLRS09_Day5_318
DLRS09_Day5_327
DLRS09_Day5_330
DLRS09_Day5_331
DLRS09_Day5_333
DLRS09_Day5_334
DLRS09_Day5_335DLRS09_Day5_336
After Fantasmic, Andrea and I parted ways once more - it feels like I didn't see her at all on Saturday! I spent my last moments in the park simply wandering around and loving everything at nighttime. Sure, we didn't have to get up super early in the morning but I was still going to be the only driver on the way home so I didn't want to stay until closing like she planned on. It was a great 5 days in the park, but I didn't want to leave! Luckily for us both we had one more Disney-filled stop planned on our journey home.

1 comments:

Klexen said...

I think it's amazing how detailed you can write this. You must have an amazing memory! You're memeory of Disneyland is probably like my memory of computers. Where you can remember just about everything because it just melts in to your mind where things you're passionate about are stored, which is suppose is a very important place! Or you keep a jouranl..lol! But the first one is cooler. ;-)

I'm so jealous of all your pictures you have too! I never really take pictures when I go, except I did this weeked of some of the Halloween changes.

Gotta have that goodbye mint julep! Me too! Wow, those are amazing...Could totally go for another one today. ;)

You got some great Fantasmic shots! Good job. :)

The Halloween decorations are sp awesome! And you're coming so soon, you're going to love it! By the way, the crowds aren't really too bad at all. I have an app on my phone that gives you will the current times all day on all the rides. If you can't get the app, then I can give you a summary of times whenever you need.