Saturday, September 18, 2010

September '09 Trip Day 5.2

So, what is Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness about, anyway? Other than the wonderful perk of getting to see an uncrowded Toontown and hang out with Mickey, Minnie and company they do provide a little entertainment. I would venture to say that unless you have a little kid in your party it probably wouldn't be of interest to many adults but this adult has the heart of a six year old. You get to witness a Toontown Town Hall Meeting with Mayor Mickey Mouse presiding and everyone becomes an honorary citizen.
DLRS09_Day5_099
DLRS09_Day5_125
I enjoyed it, although the 'meeting' itself I can probably live with seeing once. But just being there without huge throngs of people and getting to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and Pluto with some very short lines is a draw that I can hardly walk away from. As for Toontown itself, there are all of these little fun touches that you find all over the place that I absolutely love. Things like the brass plaques around Mickey's fountain (when you stomp on them, be ready to listen with your ears) were even fun for me to play around with. Before making my way out of Toontown I had time to stop by Minnie and Mickey's homes, and said good morning to a few other friends.
DLRS09_Day5_127
DLRS09_Day5_133
DLRS09_Day5_136
DLRS09_Day5_141 DLRS09_Day5_148
After I was done exploring all of Toontown that I felt like exploring it was just a few minutes until 9 and as I was walking back towards Fantasyland I happened to see the Princess Fantasy Faire line and it was short, short enough that even though I already had quite a few Princess photos, I hopped in line and waited for no more than 10 minutes. I don't regret the decision. I got photos with the 3 remaining Princesses that I needed: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty (a.k.a. Aurora) and Cinderella - I had seen been Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine the day before. I was told Mulan still comes through now and again, but I had no luck seeing her anywhere during this trip, but I did see her and Pocahontas when I went back in 2007.
DLRS09_Day5_154
DLRS09_Day5_155 DLRS09_Day5_156
Afterward I embarked on the "Happiest cruise that ever sailed 'round the world". There have been some new additions to It's a Small World recently in the form of some beloved Disney characters. Personally, I love the new touches! I even tried to photograph all of them, and while I wasn't successful I managed to get quite a few. There's always the next time. I probably enjoy it more now than I did before they added the characters because the first few times it's been all about trying to spot the new additions which can be a fun challenge in itself until you've memorized them all.
DLRS09_Day5_157 DLRS09_Day5_161
DLRS09_Day5_168
DLRS09_Day5_170
DLRS09_Day5_175
DLRS09_Day5_176 DLRS09_Day5_180

0 comments: