Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September '09 Trip Day 4.3

Outside of our breakfast with Minnie Mouse and the half an hour we spent following Peter Pan and the little girl around the park Andrea and I had been off doing our very own thing. She was probably off going on all of the rides that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, seeing as I am a chicken. Or, as my high school biology teacher would say during our blood typing lab - "I am a wuss"!! But we did have plans to meet back up later. Obviously we'd have to find each other at some point to watch Fantasmic! but at 3 o'clock we met up with another member of the Disney forums that I am addicted to outside of Pirates of the Caribbean. But not before grabbing one of my all-time favorite treats at Disneyland, a mint julep. I know I have said it before, but I am addicted to them and I need them like air or water when I'm there. I'd been waiting as patiently as I could since we had arrived on Tuesday since they wouldn't be open until the weekend. Or at least until Friday. Which, surprise surprise, it was. Sure, I had one at lunch at the BB, but it just isn't the same.
DLRS09_Day4_156
I love grabbing a mint julep from the Mint Julep Bar. And luckily enough it's behind the French Market near the New Orleans Square Station and I had just enough time to stop by before finding a place to outside of POTC to just relax while I waited for Andrea and what a nice, relaxing, few minutes it turned out to be while I finished off my drink and my co-hort showed up. The funny thing is, as soon as she saw what I was drinking sh had to go and grab one for herself. It was nice to meet someone from the message boards that had been alongside us with all of our planning questions and all and the four of us enjoyed a go on Pirates and chit chatted for a fun little bit.
DLRS09_Day4_157
By the time that we all got off of Pirates and said our goodbyes it was a little too late for us to head back towards Main Street for the Flag Retreat Ceremony which we had a tentative plan to go back for and there was more of that "well, what should we do next" talk that drives me up the wall and is part of why I like to plan things the way that I do and that Andrea has always been very resistant to. So guess what we did again? We split up, of course! I made my way towards Critter Country to take some photos over there and to take a spin on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Mostly I wanted to go into Pooh's Corner and get some photos of some Tigger Tails, which are a very Disney-fied marshmallow on a stick, and try one for myself.
DLRS09_Day4_158
DLRS09_Day4_159
DLRS09_Day4_161
DLRS09_Day4_162
DLRS09_Day4_164
DLRS09_Day4_165
DLRS09_Day4_166
DLRS09_Day4_167
DLRS09_Day4_170
DLRS09_Day4_172
DLRS09_Day4_174

0 comments: