Saturday, September 5, 2009

3 days to go

3 days to go now. That means there are only 3 sleeps and 2 shifts of work (totaling 12 hours) standing between me and the Happiest Place on Earth.

And I still haven't packed.

But at least I started. That's what counts, right? That leaves me tomorrow to finish my laundry and set aside the clothes I'll need for Monday and then the real progress of packing can start. It just feels so weird to have so little done already when we're leaving so soon - if that makes any sense. I have a plan, now all I have to do is stick to it and we'll see where I go.

I just can't wait to get the birthday celebrations started. It's going to be weird not being home for my birthday this year, but it's going to be awesome. But there wont be any birthday cards in the mail to look forward to until we get home next Sunday. All I had in today's mail was a statement from the credit union. No more mail until Tuesday afternoon now, by which time we will be long gone.

Sigh.

Well, at least I have one. Thanks to Karolina. We went out to lunch at CPK today (a favorite of mine and Bamma's) and it was delicious as always. I don't know what I would do without a BBQ chicken pizza every now and again. And seeing Karolina is always a plus. I miss being able to see her at work every day.

Photobucket

Speaking of work ... I have that dreaded overnight shift tonight. But at least I wont have to do it again until September 19th.

0 comments: